Visiting Adelaide - What to See and Do
(Adelaide Airport ADL, Australia)
The capital of South Australia and one of the country's most historic cities, Adelaide is among the most popular tourist destinations in Australia.
Large numbers of people visit Adelaide every year, drawn by the gorgeous beaches, historic buildings, diverse tourist attractions, excellent shopping and fantastic art galleries.
The climate of South Australia is milder than the rest of the continent and Adelaide is an exceptionally green city that has all the amenities of a major metropolis, but retains the charm and warmth of a large country town.
Ten things you must do in Adelaide
Adelaide City Guide
- Swim, surf, snorkel or sunbathe on one of Adelaide's many clean sandy beaches that are perfect for all sorts of oceanic activities.
- Dare to get close to nature's perfect killers at the Rodney Fox Shark Experience.
- Get into the action at the Sky City Casino, one of the largest casinos in Australia, featuring roulette, black jack, fruit machines and more.
- Learn all about the city's history and landmarks from a knowledgeable local on a guided walking tour of the city.
- Attend a ballet, opera or dramatic performance at one of the many theatres scattered across Adelaide.
- Connect with the largest creatures on Earth on one of the many whale watching expeditions that run from mid-June to early November.
- Tour one the fine art galleries that are located throughout the city of Adelaide.
- Bargain for the best deals on produce, fish and various other goods at one of Adelaide's friendly and bustling markets.
- Enjoy alfresco dining at an Adelaide streetside café, an integral part of the culture of this relaxed city.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of Adelaide at the Old Adelaide Gaol, one of the city's most popular landmarks.
- tourist guide to Adelaide, Australia