Adelaide Airport (ADL)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Adelaide, South Australia - SA, Australia)
Unified in the local Adelaide area of South Australia (SA), Adelaide Airport (ADL) can be reached from several directions and is located within minutes of the city centre, lying close to the western coast. The airport is particularly near to Hendon, Woodville Gardens, Port Adelaide and Salisbury to the north, and Glenelg, Brighton, Mitchell Park, Hallet Cove and Mitcham to the south. Also nearby, both West Beach and Henley Beach lie to the west.
Important roads in the area that surround Adelaide Airport, starting south and moving in a counter-clockwise direction, include Tepleys Hill Road, West Beach Road, Burbridge Road, Airport Road, Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Marion Road, Mooringe Avenue, and Stonehouse Avenue. The West Beach Road leads to the coastline, while Norwich Street, to the east of Adelaide Airport, is situated alongside West Torrens.
Several notable golf courses are located next to Adelaide Airport, including the Novar Gardens Golf Course to the south, Lockleys Golf Course to the north, and the West Beach Golf Course to the west, off Tepleys Hill Road.
Within the airport complex itself, Sir Richard Williams Avenue leads to Airport Road in a north-easterly direction, intersected by James Schofield Drive, International Drive and Hamra Drive.
Your particular destination within Adelaide Airport (ADL) may affect your choice of approach road and the directions you follow.
Directions to Adelaide Airport (ADL) from the city centre:
- Adelaide Airport is situated 6 km / 4 miles to the west of the city centre, in South Australia (SA)
- The airport has good connections to Adelaide's highway network and is well signposted
- Major roads that travel to Adelaide Airport include Sir Richard Williams Drive, which leads to Sir Donald Bradman Drive
- An access road provides good connections to ADL Airport's terminal buildings
- The journey from the city centre to Adelaide Airport should take between 10 to 15 minutes
- When travelling to Adelaide Airport (ADL) during rush hours, be sure to allow extra time for possible traffic delays (07:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00)
Adelaide Airport (ADL): Virtual Google Maps